13 August 2016

Another practise, another new pellet

Having usually shot with 4.49mm RWS R10 Match pellets, they are now far too expensive for my level of shooting standard. For the last few sessions I have been trying the much cheaper RWS Hobby pellets. These are slightly larger 4.50mm pellets that need to be checked when loading the ammunition box; I've found several with damaged skirts!

This pellet shoots about 25mm higher than the RWS R10. Today I bought a tin of the Geco Diabolo pellets from my club. Also 4.50mm, they seem to be of better quality than the RWS Hobby pellets. The second card shot today was with these new pellets. With flyers down to me, the Geco pellets seem to give a tighter group with 2 lots of keyholed shots. They are only slightly higher on the card than the Hobby pellet holes.

No pushed shots this session!

STATS
-----

Session score(s): 78 + 73 + 82 + 79
Session total: 312 ex 400
Session Average: 78.0

Running Average: 78.6
Running Std. Dev: 6.42
BC: 2090


Pistol: Steyr LP10 [single-shot pre-charged]
Pellets: RWS Hobby (4.50mm - light weight @ 7grains)
Pellets: Geco Diabolo (4.50mm - light weight ?)

No comments:

Post a Comment