17 February 2013

Best group ever

Shot a single card at the range today, with only one change in the setup. Instead of the usual 9gns of Krank's FFFg, I used 9gns of Swiss No.1 powder. This powder is slightly higher weight/lower volume, is slightly more grey in colour, and has white flecks in it.

For the rest, I used the usual setup of Hornady .350 lead balls, Jeff Tanner 0.015 patches lubed with a 1:3 Ballistol:water mix. Swabbed out after each shot. Managed a couple of non-scoring flyers.

Best group

The low shot at 5 o/c scored out as a 6 under MLAGB rules [not 50% over the line]. Also got the results of round 5 of the Kent Black Powder Leagues. I am in division 2 and surprisingly in 2nd place, behind another Club member; Richard.

Stats
--------
Detail score: 77.1
PB: 90.1
Barrel count: 249
Cards: 19
Running average: 78.9

I also checked the 2:1 Tallow:Olive Oil lube I made last week. The mix has solidified, as have the lubed patches. I will change the mix to a 2:3 Tallow:Olive Oil to thin it up.

I will shoot the same setup on the next range visit, just to confirm if Swiss No.1 powder is giving me better grouping with my powder/ball/patch combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment