14 March 2013

Revised lube

My original lube [12]; Tallow:Olive Oil in a 1:2 ratio, that I used last shoot, had some problems with the stiffness of the lubed patches and the difficulty separating them.

Lube 12


I've now amended the lube recipe to create lube [13]; Tallow:Olive Oil in a 1:4 ratio. After 20 seconds nuking in the microwave, the old lube was melted and the additional Olive Oil was added.

Lube 13

Although liquid after the nuking, we'll see how it looks after 24 hours of cooling down. I have also lubed up some new 0.015 Jeff Taylor patches with the new recipe, and also relubed those lube 12 patches left over from the last shoot.

The other reason for further developing this recipe was due to the ease of cleaning that I found after the last shoot. Using just hot water and a patch on a nylon brush, the soot from the barrel was gone within seconds. No hard scrubbing needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment