23 June 2013

Urgent action needed

Another terrible shoot confirmed the need to resolve the issue with the lube recipe currently being used. Another shooter on the range confirmed that I am 'smoking' more than I used to. The patches being used to swab the barrels between shots are very after dirty after only two shots. I even tried swabbing out first with a mop damp with WD-40, before swabbing with a plain patch. No difference was noticed. I also wiped off the excess lube from the patches.

Kent round 6 - only the good shots!

The plan for the next shoot is as follows:

  1. Geoff has given me some of his 'Ox-Yoke Wonderlube 1000+'. I have prepared some 0.015 patches with this lube.
  2. Don has given me some thinner 0.012 patches to try. I'll prepare these with a 1:1 Aqueous cream:Water lube.
  3. I have some 0.010 patches that I'll prepare with a 1:1 Aqueous cream:Water lube.
  4. I have some 0.005 patches that I'll prepare with a 1:1 Aqueous cream:Water lube.
So the next shoot will be using lube step 1 - I will keep the first swab after 4 shots cleaned to see what they look like. I will also try to collect shot patches to see if they are retaining their shape or are being cut.

Stats
-----
Detail score: 67.1
Running average: 79.83
Barrel count: 340
Cards: 26

Very disappointing to drop the average below 80. MUST TRY HARDER !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment