25 October 2014

Round 2 - and a change on patches

Shot round 2 of the Kent BP winter league with last week's setup of .350 homecast hard balls with 0.010 patches lubed with Ox-Yoke. After three shots I changed the setup as the shots were awful flyers!


I still did two scoring flyers, but the rest of the shots were 8-ringers for an overall 73.0
Down on average but not too bad. 

Next time I will amend the setup to increase the powder charge up to 11gns of Swiss No.1 powder. I'll also try the addition of around 8gns of filler (I'm going to use coarse ground semolina) on top of the loaded powder. Carrying on from the second part of today's shoot, I'll be using the Hornady cast 0.35 balls, but with 0.010 lubed patches (rather than the 0.015 patches I usually use). Later on I'll try the setup with JT Tanner 0.10 patches lubed with my recipe 09 Tallow:Olive Oil 1:6 or my slightly stiffer recipe 27C Beeswax:Lanolin:Neatsfoot Oil 2:1:12. 

I'm also looking to get hold of some Henry Krank 'Competition Lube' to try.

Session Stats
-------------
Average: 73.0
Std. Dev: 4.50

Overall Stats
-------------
BC: 792
Running Average: 79.37
PB: 92.1
Cards: 63

Kent season shot average: 79.0
Kent season Std. Dev: 6.0




No comments:

Post a Comment