14 November 2016

Cold temperatures

A break in the weather meant a trip to the range on Saturday morning for some 10m air pistol comp cards. I had planed to shoot enough, if possible, to clear me up to February due dates.

I started off with the West Kent Rifle League R8 card (1x10 shots). With the air cylinder at just under 80 bar, I shot a disappointing 75.0 ex 100.

Comp stats
----------

WKRL running average: 79.4 ex 100
WKRL average change: +1.4
WKRL Std. Dev: 5.70


This card knocked my running average for the competition to back under 80.0 ex 100

I then shot KCSSA R7 cards (2x5 shots). Started with a more impressive 44.1 ex 50, followed by a 35.0 with it's first shot being a lack-of-attention 4-ringer! This resulted in 79.1 ex 100, better than my average but could have been a possible 85-88...

Comp stats
----------
KCSSA running average: 78.6 ex 100
KCSSA average change: +0.6
KCSSA Std. Dev: 4.80


It's interesting to note that my standard deviation is better with the KCSSA competition where each rounds 10 shots are shot as two strings of 5, with a card change in between.

I then planned to shoot KCSSA R8, but the cold temperatures had affected the cylinder to gun chassis fitting, such that I could not unscrew the cylinder. I ended up taking the gun back home, setting it at room temperature for 6 hours, and then applying the very gentle use of some padded mole-grips.

STATS
-----

Running Average: 78.3
Running Std. Dev: 6.47
BC: 2440

No comments:

Post a Comment