2 November 2016

First fullbore shoot for several years!

Joined Ramsgate & Dover RC at the MOD Hythe Ranges for a 300yds morning shoot on the Serial-1 range.

Lots of shooters and limited time, so with butt duties, I only managed to shoot two cards.

The first card was a 44.3 which should have been with 3/4min elevation and 4 1/2 min right windage.
The first sighter was very poor. I read the flags as gentle at 3 o/c, but when I arrived at the butts, I realised it was a lot stronger.

The second card was a 44.2 shot using the same elevation and windage I finished card 1 with. I should have dropped the elevation 1/4 minute to allow for the slight change in wind direction, also attention to the flag would have shown the wind slowly varying from 5mins right down to 3mins right.

STATS
-----

Session Scores: 44.3 + 44.2
Session Average: 44.3
Session Std. Dev: 0.07
Running Average: 41.37
Running Std. Dev: 3.42


This means that my current spread of scores with this rifle is as follows:




 You can see when I have shot whilst tired!

Set-up
------

Rifle barrel: 30inch Kreiger @ 1 in 13
Rifle action: RPA Quadlock
Rifle rearsight: RPA Trakker with adjustable aperture
Rifle foresight: RPA ladder with Centra adjustable aperture
Rifle stock: Maskin laminated
Ammunition: RG06 155gns 'comp'




 

No comments:

Post a Comment